The National Debt
· Has been a leading voice pushing a federal Balanced Budget Amendment to once and for all force Washington live within its means.
· Voted repeatedly for a Balanced Budget Amendment.
· Refused to support a Congressional Pay raise.
· Has refused to accept special Congressional healthcare benefits for Members of Congress, he pays for his own health insurance
· Refused special Congressional retirement benefits.
· Opposed the House Republican Leadership in pushing back against their Puerto Rico debt bailout plan.